
I had one of those Christmas moments today. Jenna and Kendra are in the school choir and they sang some Christmas songs at a local nursing home. I went with them and I was standing at the back (right behind the 90 year old woman with reindeer antlers on) and I was beaming with pride at my beautiful daughters. They were singing a song called "Do you really believe?" and I had one of those times where life seems to stand still. The stress and busyness of the season seemed to disappear while I listened to the lyrics...
"Do we really believe that shepards sat on a hill
The stars were so bright, the whole world was still
And then they suddenly heard the angels song of great joy
At the birth of a baby boy"
So here I am with tears running down my face because an elementary school choir had moved me. It took these little gems to remind me that this season is not about decorations, stocking stuffers, awkward family dynamics or an endless amount of gifts that we don't need and can't afford. It's about this little boy that was born so long ago and still affects the lives of all of us. This baby Jesus has been the source of great joy and strength in my life. So I'm hoping for more of these moments this season. After all, that's what it's really all about...
1 comment:
AMEN Sister! I couldn't have written that better!! I miss you and wish you were in my EVERYDAY! Love you Tons Geetha
Post a Comment