Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Fruits of their labor...

I posted previously about the money making opportunities of both of our children. These little businesses all came about because both Jenna and Kendra desperately want Lulu lemon jackets. For those of you not familiar, Lulu lemon is a brand that makes all sorts of yoga wear but they are the "it" thing to have these days for the female gender ages 8 to 88. They're great jackets and a high quality product that is accompanied by a high price tag as well. The jackets Jenna and Kendra want are just over $100. So, because they are nine I told them they could have a jacket if they paid for it themselves....hence the job opportunities posted prior.

Well, the wait is over and the girls are proud owners of very cute Lulu lemon jackets. Jenna purchased hers about 2 weeks ago and was proud as punch. She slept with hers on for the first 4 nights she had it! Kendra was a little slower in saving her money and it was heart breaking to see her watching Jenna trying on all of the jackets and wanting so desperately to buy one for herself. Well, her patience paid off big time! Two days later I was at a great consignment shop here in Squamish and I saw a Lulu jacket shining from the racks. I quickly checked it out to find that it had been worn ONCE, was Kendra's size and was 50% off the original price. I surprised Kendra at lunch and brought her down to the shop to see if she liked this one. Of course she did and she headed back to school with a huge grin and a spring her step. Needless to say Jenna was a little less enthusiastic at Kendra's bargain :)

Here's a picture of Jenna in her new jacket. The previous post about Kendra and the phone call home from school features Kendra wearing her jacket.

As proud as I am of these girls, this whole experience has come with a tinge of sadness. I think the days of Walmart shopping may be coming to an end. Conversations of what brand of shoes they want to buy next and creating a whole Lulu lemon wardrobe are replacing ones about stuffed animals and tea parties. How in the world this happened so quickly I still can't wrap my mind around...

No comments: