Monday, May 18, 2009
I wanna be a cowgirl...
For the long weekend we headed up to Clinton, BC to hang out at our friends Bob and Dori's ranch. I'm telling you, ranch life is for me. At least for one weekend a year! It was calving season and it was our job to herd the cattle into the "shoot", shave them, brand them, give them some shots and then let them out onto the range after a long winter. Totally fell in love with my husband the cowboy hearing him with his "Who-ya"s and "Git"s. And fell deeper in love with my daughters seeing them having the time of their lives. They groomed, fed and rode the horses, and made fast friends with them all. We had a blast target shooting. Is there a better sound than the little "ping!" of the bullet hitting the metal animal targets? The girls and I learned how to make a good home meal with fresh ingredients from the farm. Travis caught fresh trout from the lake for lunch. We packed it all in!
"Babe"...The new man in our lives.
Have you ever seen a cuter cowgirl???
Bringing in the herd...
Cowboy Bob
"Got it!"
My cowboy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HI! I stumbled on your blog via Geetha. I just wanted to tell you about an awesome blog about ranch life since you seem so overcome by it. Check it out, it may be a nice source of inspiration for you. thepioneerwoman.com
Enjoy. Friend of friend, MB
Post a Comment