1. I am officially in my mid thirties. 35 is here and it's proving to be a great year already. My incredibly generous husband surprised me with the most beautiful mountain bike. Funny, I never would have thought 3 years ago when we moved here that I'd get into mountain biking. But there are several of my neighbours that ride and we've started a weekly group ride that I am loving. There are so many great trails literally in our bike yard and it's been a blast figuring them out on my super cute and super awesome bike.
2. The month started off with a phone call in regards to my interview for a TOC position here in Squamish. TOC (teacher-on-call) is the new lingo for substitute teacher. I am officially hired on for TOC work starting this fall. Fantastic news and a huge relief to know that I'll be putting all of this hard work to good use. I'm thrilled to be able to be in the classroom and at the same time have a little bit of a break from all of the crazy work load I've been immersed in for the past 3 years. I'm looking forward to a 6 hour work day that doesn't come home with me :)
3. The 8th Annual Kubin family pig roast was a huge success. It seems to get better and better every year and this year was no exception. Our neighbourhood band The Cherry Overdrivers is unbelievable and consistently impresses the crowd. It was a great time had by all.
4. Our baby girls turned 10! A full decade has FLOWN by and has given Travis and I an immeasurable amount of blessings in the amazing girls we get to call our daughters. They are beautiful, smart, funny, kind, passionate, resourceful and absolutely fantastic. We could not be more proud of the lovely young ladies they are becoming.
Hope you are all enjoying your summer. I'll try to be a bit better at posting more often. Thank you to our faithful checkers. I'm working on getting on here a little more regularly.
1 comment:
Great pics! The girls are beautiful. Can't believe they are 10!! wow! So glad they are such good girls. Congrats on your teaching stuff too! Good luck in the fall :)
Post a Comment